M/S BIBBEN TIL SALGS
- Ňpent for bud -
Nysertifisert for passasjerer i mars 2014
TRENGER DU RENGJ√ėRING OG SERVICE AV PARAFINOVNER ELLER FYRKJELER RING KENNETH TLF 90 15 04 60.
mob: +47 - 90 15 04 60
epost: booking -at- bibben.no
√Öret rundt med M/S Bibben.
Bibbens historie (forel√łpig p√• engelsk):
General information about the Kriegsfischkutter (KFK)
1942 the serial production of the KFK started as a result of the strong need of the German navy to build up a flotilla.
1072 of these strong and versatile boats were ordered, foremost of the Burmester KG Svinemuende. In addition, a number of wharfs in other countries got orders:
17 wharfs in Sweden, 12 in the Netherlands, 6 in Belgium, one in Ukraine, two in Bulgaria and 2 in Greece. 612 of the ships with 110 t and 24,00 m Loa were finished, and at least 554 of them were on the front.
The cutters were divided into 9 groups, from type A (12 m Loa) to type G (24 m Loa). The lines and the hull design were optimized with stream models in the Schiffsbautechnische Versuchsanstalt in Wien, STVW by order of the Abteilung fuer Technik in der Reichsanstalt fuer Fischerei. The type G cutter proved to be the model to concentrate on and evoluted to ‚ÄúReichsfischkutter G‚ÄĚ. The optimized hull shape was called ‚ÄúWiener Modell 475a‚ÄĚ and build as a composite-hull (wood on steel). In the beginning oak was used for the planks of the hull, but because of shortage pinewood was used later. The skeleton was formed by 49 steel ---spanten, then the planking was fixed from three places on each side simultaneously. That way up to one boat per day could be finished in Burmester Werft in Svinemuende. For the first KFK 52.000 man-hours were needed, while the fifth ship needed 36.000 hours, and as the number of finished ship increased the man-hours could be reduced to 28.000 ‚Äď 29.000 per ship. About 50 men worked on and around a ship at the time, per KFK 22 fm oak and 70 fm pine were used, along with 17 tons of steel. As ballast 1024 cement-bricks of 10,4 kg each were used. The propeller had a diameter of 1300 mm and a ---stigning of 830 mm. The entrepeneur Hugo Stinnes had good contacts to Sweden, and with his help Regierungsrat Dipl. Ing. Eduard Eisenhart could close a contract with the neutral Sweden to produce 45 KFKs in 17 small Swedish boatyards. Officially these cutters were built for the civil fishing industry, so they were built and delivered with full fishing rig. For some of the boatyards in Sweden these cutters were the biggest boats they have ever built. KFK 93 to 137, the ones built in Sweden, were delivered between 12.1.43 and 10.3.44, and all of them were taken to Burmester Werft at once, to remove the fishing rig and convert the vessels for war service. KFK 1 ‚Äď 157 were double enders, thereafter they were built with as Platt GATT to make the work with the mining gear easier.
The 45 Swedish cutters were equipped with ‚Äúcivil‚ÄĚ propellers. Traditionally warships were equipped with left going propellers, while civil ships were right going. Because of shortage of materials this was not changed in the conversion to warships, and maneuvering the ships with a ‚Äúwrong going‚ÄĚ propeller was a problem to some skippers in the beginning.
The KFK were designed from the start to be convertible to fishing vessels after the war.
When the war was over, the winners of the war took some of the KFK as price. USSR got 140, the Netherlands 5, France 26, Greece 4, Sweden one and Norway got 9 ships.
History of KFK 96, today Bibben
Built in Sweden 1942 as one of 3 in Eken√¶s (Lund Skepps) with the serial number KFK 96. 3/44 in service as NB 62 (N for Norwegen, B for Bergen) in the HSFl (Hafenschutzflottille). At the end of the war she served in Bergen for GM/SA (German Mine-sweeping Administration), as one of 322 KFKs that worked to clear off the 636000 remaining mines after the war. The whole operation was led by the marine commander of the British forces, Vice admiral Sir Harold Martin Barrough, and the German units were commanded by Konteradmiral Fritz Krauss.
KFK was part of the 4. MRD (Minenraeumdivision) until 10/45, then transported back to HSFl Bergen. 7/46 she went over to the Norsk Marine in Kristiansand.
As TSD Bj√łrnen (TSD 2) she served until 9.4.86 in Hysnes, from where she was sold to Agder sj√łguttskole for NOK 1.- Birger Tj√łstolfen from Agder sj√łguttskole had Bibben as a nickname, and gave the boat the name it still has today. 1989 they sold Bibben to raise money for the restoration of a old sail ship to a private person, Evert Bjunes, who used the ship private for two years.
1.4. 1991 Kenneth Guttormsen bought Bibben.